Sunday, June 10, 2007

Democrats Have More Fun



Yesterday was Dairy Day in Dryden and Dryden Democrats entered a float in the parade. We weren't going for any prize for originality obviously. We just went to have fun. In the center are Don Barber, Supervisor in Caroline, Barbara Lifton, NYS Assemblyperson and Mike Lane, former County legislator and former Dryden Mayor.



David and I compete for blog photos. There may be a mirror image photo at Dryden is Home.



There are fire trucks. I wish I had pictures of all of them. But they were at the very front of the parade, the better to return promptly to their respective stations to stand by.



The Belgians from the Marquis farm always pull a wagon with a sign for the First National Bank of Dryden.




My personal favorite was the Dryden Hotel float. I like the town committee meetings that adjourn early enough to meet after at the Dryden Hotel. If you zoom on the photo you'll see milk cartons on the float's bar table. Good for the Dairy Day theme, "Hay, hay, it's Dairy Day." But in all honesty, I can't imagine that the Hotel really serves much milk.



Along the parade route we passed three other Town of Dryden elected officials. No need to name their party. All Dryden Democratic elected officials were in the parade. Too bad the Dryden Republicans didn't enter a float. But maybe they're having more fun as spectators.


[ed. 6/11/07 Dryden Democrats marching in the parade: Mike Lane; David Makar, Town Councilperson; Martha Robertson, County Legislature; Mary Ann Sumner, Town Councilperson; Dan Lamb; Jason Leifer and son; Mary Ellen Bossick, Village Trustee and granddaughters;. Not pictured: Kathy Zahler (who took this picture), Nancy Suci, Barbara Lifton, NYS Assemblyperson. Did I miss anyone? Dryden Republican elected officials on the sidelines: Steve Trumbull, Supervisor; Steve Stellick, Town Councilperson; Marty Christofferson, Town Councilperson; Jack Bush, Highway Superintendent and Chris Clauson, Justice. Also on the sidelines, Democrat Henry Slater, Town of Dryden Code Enforcement Officer. Maybe next year we can get him in the parade.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Makar said...

I think Martha Robertson and Mary Ellen Bossack are also democrats in elected positions in Dryden (Tompkins County Rep and Dryden Village Trustee). I agree is was funny to see Marty at the parade starting grounds, Steve S. along the route and Steve T. in Montgomery park - but not to see all three of them together in the parade. Maybe next year they'll pull it together.

11:04 PM, June 10, 2007  
Blogger KAZ said...

And Chris C! Someone got a picture of him talking to me next to our truck!

8:51 AM, June 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kaz" I didn't know it would be such news that I spoke to a Democrat! I don't distinguish between Dem or Rep when talking to the Residents of the Town of Dryden! I was merely passing the time waiting for the parade to start as contrary to what was written previously, I DID march in the parade.

4:53 PM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger KAZ said...

Chris is right; he had a cool sign: "Got Justice?"

And I didn't mean to suggest the "newsworthiness" of your talking to me. Just wanted to mention that you, too, were part of the festivities.

9:20 AM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home