Thursday, June 29, 2006

Meetings and Entertainment

Last night's public information meeting regarding the proposed new town hall drew not a single person other than reporters, town elected officials and staff. Oh, wait. There might have been one. I don't know the name of the person who thanked the board for the work on this project.

I don't know to what extent the zero public participation is caused by the town's inability to publicize meetings and to what extent it's just that people aren't that interested. If it's the latter, that's okay. It means people know what's happening and trust elected officials to do the work. If the former, well, that's just wrong and we should fix it.

I'm inclined to think we have a pretty good grip on publicity because following the meeting I stopped at Montgomery Park where more than a hundred people were gathered for the town sponsored Burns Sisters concert. I like the Burns Sisters and I love concerts in the park. We should do more of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home